[OS X TeX] New *EXPERIMENTAL* TeX release

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Aug 1 15:24:58 CEST 2005

> Le 1 août 05 à 07:41, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> The *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory contains an updated TeX i-Package
>> for testing (only the 2005 developer set has been updated and it
>> contains a fix for a Mac problem which needs to be tested)
>
> Installs fine here (2005 Devel). Two remarks:
>

> 1. The problem connected with use of a pdftexconfig.tex containing
> the deprecated command \pdfoptionpdfminorversion is still there
> (yielding warnings in the TeX log console in TeXShop). There are such
> two files installed:
>
> - one /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/config/
> pdftexconfig.tex from 9 July 2004;
>
> - another /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/generic/config/
> pdftexconfig.tex from 10 March 2004, containing the deprecated
> \pdfoptionpdfminorversion but taking precedence (given its location
> inside texmf.gwtex).
>
> There is no pdftexconfig.tex created inside texmf.local. If I
> remember correctly what Herb Schulz said, for the 2004 install, a
> copy is created there without \pdfoptionpdfminorversion.

This is something for a more final release.

> 2. For those using Adam Maxwell's DVIImporter.mdimporter, after a new
> TeX install the command "mdimport -f /usr/local/teTeX" needs to be re-
> run I suppose. In case the importer is planned to become a standard
> part of the Mac OS X TeX install, would it be worth to include this
> command at the end of the install stage?

I could either:
1. Add the importer and run it when on 10.4. Adam?
2. Check for 10.4 and the availability of the importer and 10.4 and then
run it.

2 has the disadvantage that you need to rerun the configure phase if you
install the importer after TeX. 1 has the disadvantage that I become
dependent on Adam. Unless Adam creates an i-Package for the importer of
course.

I'll go for 2 if someone tells me how I can find out if the DVI-importer
is installed.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>