[OS X TeX] viewing printing TexShop pdf on a PC

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 00:17:23 CEST 2005

Le 28 avr. 05, à 23:10, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

> Edit menu -> Attachment -> Always send Windows Friendly Attachments.
>
> It isn't in the preferences window, but in a menu (and why it isn't on
> by default, I don't know.

Do you know what this does? I've just tried to send to myself a PDF
attachment, with and without checking this box. The only difference I
see is that, when I look at the message source (Cmd-Alt-U), the
non-Windows-friendly version does not contain the Base64 code for the
attachment while the Windows-friendly version does. Does this mean
that, in the non-Windows-friendly version, the attachment isn't
downloaded and stays on the mail server until the attachment is indeed
opened or saved to disk?

By the way (and getting completely OT): unfortunately, it seems more
and more necessary to look at the source code of email messages, in
relation to scam. Today, for example, I received an HTML message,
supposedly from PayPal, looking fairly professional and very much like
a PayPal one, until you look at the source and locate, buried within,
hyperlinks like:

target="_blank">https://www.paypal.fr/privacy</a>

so that obviously the link is not what it pretend it does. Or yesterday
and several times before, also messages pretending to be from PayPal
but containing more elaborate false hyperlinks like:

alt='www.paypal.com'onMouseOver="status='http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/
webscr?cmd=login-run'; return true"onMouseOut="status='';return

How annoying!

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>