[OS X TeX] Bibdesk choose fields and automate

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 28 22:07:14 CEST 2005

On 28 apr 2005, at 21:45, Herb Schulz wrote:

> On 4/28/05 2:25 PM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Trying the simple cases of the \include file in the same directory and
> one
> sub-directory down (\include{testinc} and \include{subdir/testinc2}) I
> have
> no problems. Maybe the include mechanism is smart enough although
> shouldn't
> dir/./test should be the same as dir/test?

What I meant was calling tex from a different directory altogether.
dir/./test should indeed silently translate into dir/test.

Sample tree:

grandparent/
grandparent/parent/
grandparent/parent/child/

The master sits in grandparent/parent/master.tex and includes another
file: child/doll.
If you call this while you are in grandparent/parent/, all is fine.

What happens if you call the master from within grandparent?

Well I tried it:

! LaTeX Error: File `child/doll.tex' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: tex)

So make sure you enter the directory where the master lives before
starting tex,
or expect some nasty consequences. pushd and popd are your friends.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>