[OS X TeX] Bibdesk choose fields and automate

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Apr 28 19:47:00 CEST 2005

On 4/28/05 7:22 AM, "Maarten Sneep" <maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> This is my engine code
>> ******************************
>> #!/bin/sh
>> bfname=$(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"
>
> Practically all tex-related tools expect to be run from the same
> directory as the main tex file.
> bfname=`basename "$1" .tex`
> pushd `dirname "$1"` # this may be superfluous, as TeXShop probably
> does it for you already

Howdy,

That snippet came form me. I've noticed that the dirname call seems to be
superfluous in a TeXShop engine but habits from writing shell scripts and
especially for Dropscripts creep in all the time. I guess I'd say that it
also doesn't hurt; except for the few milliseconds it takes to execute.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>