[OS X TeX] Scientific Word / Scientific Assistant ?

Josep M.Font pepf54 at tiscali.es
Tue Apr 26 17:42:38 CEST 2005

Dear all,

A colleague of mine, a satisfied user of Scientific Word (on Windows
machines), is going to move to a Mac-based university, and has asked me
for advice about how to run TeX on Mac. He does not want to write TeX
code, he wants something that essentially works like Scientific Word
(not even like WinEdt), with its "what you see is more-or-less what you
want" display ability.

(As a matter of fact, he started by writing code on a Mac, but when he
switched to a PC and started using Scientific Word, he says his
productivity has increased a lot, to the point that he does not write
drafts by hand any more, etc. He does not care for exactness between on
screen and final product, but on efficiency in writing and producing
tons of papers...)

Does any of you have some experience with Scientific Assistant ? I Just
know what is said on Gary's page (i.e., essentially nothing), and some
real user tips would be highly appreciated.

A related question would be: Has anyone run Scientific Word through
Virtual PC on a Mac ? How does it perform ? Etc.

Thanks in advance,

Josep Maria Font

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>