[OS X TeX] Glossary did not work ?!?

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Apr 24 20:47:57 CEST 2005

On 4/24/05 1:08 PM, "Ueliisa" <ueliisa at gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks Herb
>
> Thaths great! It works now. The shell is not my expert tool but I hope
> learn more of them.
>
> Now I have to Question more to the Glossary & The Engine:
>
> - How I can format the glossary List
> - similar like a description list or
> - write description of the Glossar word on a new line
> with some more space from left border

Howdy,

I am not familiar enough with makeindex and the glossary package to help
here. It might have something to do with the .ist file but you should
carefully peruse the glossary package documentation.

> - Where I find the other "engines" for texshop so I can copy it in a
> big script that run all turns needed for make index, glossary and table
> of content in one time?

Make a copy of your makegloss.engine file and add the lines so the new file
looks as the following:

#!/bin/sh
bfname=$(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"
pdflatex "$bfname"
makeindex "$bfname".idx
makeindex -s "$bfname".ist -t "$bfname".glg -o "$bfname".gls "$bfname".glo
pdflatex "$bfname"
pdflatex "$bfname"

save and rename to indexglossary.engine or something you'll be able to
understand when you see it. I've just added the pdflatex and index
processing to the glossary processing.

If you always want to go through the complete processing you can make the
first line of your .tex file

%&program=indexglossary

and then Cmd-T will automatically do the complete processing.

I tend to separate the processes since not all of them have to be done all
the time.

Two things I noticed when looking at the output with that sample file are:

1)you don't need the \section{\indexname} and \section{\glossaryname} since
those are already printed by the \printindex and \printglossary commands.

2)The \newacronym commands should be a single line just like the \glossary
commands.

> Thanks for all I am happy to be near ready to use TeXShop for my 1th
> big real work   :-))
>
> Ueliisa

Hope all goes well.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)