[OS X TeX] ÆØÅ and Auto Complete in TeXshop

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 22 16:22:32 CEST 2005

On 4/22/05 5:16 AM, "leif halvard silli" <hyperlekken at lenk.no> wrote:

> Dear listees, I am a newcomer her, quite new to TeXshop, but with some
> experience with OzTeX.
>
> I wondered, are there any way to un-link autocompletion of characters
> (such as ÆØÅÜÖ) from the Auto Complete feature of TeXshop? Currently,
> with Auto Complete enabled, an æ will immeadiately be converted to \ae,
> å will become \aa, ø becomes \o etc.
>
> Obviously it is a good idea with Auto Complete. But especially in a
> unicode enabled TeX program it should not be necessary to link character
> autocompletion with the other macro completions. I looked into the
> Completion File but it does not seem as if autocompletion of single
> characters is governed there.

Howdy,

If you haven't figured it out yet, the autocompletion list is in
~/Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/autocompletion.plist. Make a copy of the file
(for safety) and open it in an editor that understands UTF-8 or the plist
editor. You'll see lines like

    <key>æ</key>
    <string>\ae</string>

and you just delete those that are of no interest to you. Save it as
UTF-8!!! I'd change the name of the original file, name the copy
autocompletion.plist, open TeXShop and test, test, test.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>