[OS X TeX] diagonal arrows in figures

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Wed Apr 20 23:21:32 CEST 2005

>> The "slowness" of xypic was the reason I got interested in
>> "flashmodes".
>>

> Flashmode needs computers faster than lightning. Otherwise it becomes
> snail mode.
>
> --

As I said, I am using an 800 MHz iBook G4, that's certainly not "fast
as lightning".
to set up a flashmode for emacs (whizzytex), with TeXniscope as
previewer,
  the result is pretty good in terms of speed. There is also a
Tcl-script by Joachim Kock (but that's for AlphaX ) which is at least
as fast, maybe faster.
There are also the flashmode scripts by Claus Gerhard (also not for
emacs), but, according to the home page, a G5 is recommended.
Perhaps you tried out Gerhard's scripts and were disappointed ?

There is, of course, also Textures. I have never actually seen it in
action. How does it compare in terms of speed ?  Can it be set up to
work
with Gerben Wierda's teTeX , or does it use its own TeX engine ?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>