[OS X TeX] Q: getting a layout optimized for screen reading?

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Wed Apr 20 16:00:30 CEST 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 8:52 PM, Michael McCracken wrote:

> Hi, can anyone give me advice on generating a screen-optimized PDF of
> an article?
>
> I would like to be able to produce versions of articles that are
> easier to read on screen.

I don't know about three-column output; I'm sure there's a package that
will do that somewhere.

If you use dvips, then you can easily get any aspect ratio you want.
For example, the two lines

\textheight 4in
\special{pagesize=8.5in, 6in}

will give you four inches of vertical text on a 8.5in x 6in page, that
TeXShop will gladly turn into a pdf of those dimensions. I do something
similar to this for my class notes. (And I don't think I've done
anything else to make this happen...)

--
Chris Goedde

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>