[OS X TeX] diagonal arrows in figures

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Wed Apr 20 11:16:56 CEST 2005

On 19-Apr-05, at 11:05 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> There are 2 ways to get better diagrams when using XYpic with pdftex .
>
> A.
> One way is to load the  xypdftex  driver-support file:
>
>      \usepackage[pdftex,all,....]{xy}
>

> B.
>
>       \usepackage[ps,dvips,all,....]{xy}

> -

What is the fastest way to use xypic ? I noticed it takes a lot of time
to load up xymatrices.
(even when using "\CompileMatrices"). I have always just used the "all"
option, never pdftex, or ps, dvips ..

 From what you wrote, I assume that adding pdftex, for example, to the
options would create visually more appealing results but would also
possibly slow xypic down a little  ?
Or is the difference ( of time of compilation) negligible ?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>