[OS X TeX] diagonal arrows in figures

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Apr 20 03:41:13 CEST 2005

Hi Gerard,

On 20/04/2005, at 10:54 AM, Gerard Walschap wrote:

> 	I have a question that may very well have been answered in some past
> post; if so, my apologies. How does one put diagonal arrows in
> commutative diagrams?

Xy-pic  is the best for this.
Look for its documentation in the usual places:

    ..../texmf/doc/generic/xypic/xyguide.pdf
    ..../texmf/doc/generic/xypic/xyrefer.pdf

where  ....  denotes the directory path to your main TeX installation
tree.

> My solution, which is quite cumbersome, has been to use the "picture"
> environment, and construct everything by hand. Surely, there must be a
> package that addresses this. If so, here's another question. Assuming
> it's not on Gerben's distribution, where should it go after
> downloading?

It's already there in any teTeX :    \usepackage[all]{xy}
loads it with sufficient features.

There are CD features in other packages, but Xy-pic far outstrips them
in versatility.

> 	Many thanks,

Hope this helps,

		Ross Moore

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>