[OS X TeX] KOMA vs. memoir vs. ConTeXt vs. …

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 04:35:07 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,
on this list several class files like, e.g., KOMA script or memoir
class (or ConTeXt as an alternative to LaTeX) have been mentioned for
the purpose of book-setting. Since I plan to do a larger book project
in LaTeX (and/or relatives), I'm interested in the pros and cons of
these packages. Or to put it differently: What are your experiences
with these packages? Which one would you recommend for which purpose,
and why (e.g. ease of use; compatibility with other style files, e.g.,
ps-tricks compatibility; large feature sets etc. pp.)? For example, I
got the first impression that KOMA script is probably *the* tool for
writing letters, but that the memoir class may provide a bit more
flexibility, if you want to set a book (but I may be completely wrong).
Thanks for sharing your KOMA-/memoir-/ConTeXt-/…experiences,
Ingo

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>