[OS X TeX] Filmography with BibTeX

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Apr 17 14:27:34 CEST 2005

Me again after a while…
On 07.04.2005, at 19:22, Thomas Schröder wrote:

> Am 07.04.2005 um 18:47 schrieb Simon Spiegel:
>
>> I more or less got the smallcaps part, the problem is the following:
>
> OK.
>
>> I use jurabib and know the \citefield{shorttitle} command, the
>> problem is I really want this automatized. We're talking about 200+
>> pages document here, and having this done automatically would be
>> extremely cool.
>
> OK, I digged a little further and I think I found what I was looking
> for in Dante's TeX FAQ:
>
> http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/html/makros3.html#57
>
> I think that should do the trick even though you might have to hack
> jurabib a little further for the output you want.

I already use jurabib and , unfortunately, it doesn't exactly what I
want…

> (For those who don't speak German: it says that you should use jurabib
> with the option "citefull=first" and the optional field juratitle for
> a short title; furthermore there's the inlinebib package that also
> supports optional fields. Anyways, for more help check out the jurabib
> manual.)

"citefull=first" results in the display of the complete filmography
entry, including director and country which I both don't want. After
more digging and tweaking of jurabib.bst I managed that \citetitleonly
gives me "Full title (year)". This is already quite nice, unfortunately
I still don't know how I can force it to only display the short title
and no year for every additional quoatation.

By default \citetitleonly gives the short title (it only gives me the
full title now because I tweaked jurabib.bst). So I though I could use
"citefull=first" and I tried to tweak it so that it does display what I
want at the first time. But I failed. As I said, I'm not a programmer,
so when I tweak the .bst file I only have a very limited understanding
of what I'm doing. ;) I think "citefull=first" just automatically takes
the complete bibliography entry and puts it in the text, so I can't
alter this from the .bst file.

So, I'm still searching…

simon

--