[OS X TeX] Tiger & TeX

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 15 16:24:27 CEST 2005

On 4/15/05 3:20 AM, "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> The changes in Tiger are fundamental enough to want to drop support for
> older Mac OS X versions.
>
> Core Data, better net-connections in Apple Frameworks (currently for
> instance, FTP and proxies do not work in i-Installer because of the older
> frameworks, the Panther frameworks offer alternatives but that would mean
> dropping support for Tiger), HFS+-aware cli-tools, etc.
>
> Maybe it is time for a rewrite from the ground up to get i-Installer v3.
> Tiger-only. And keep the current distribution available for Panther &
> Tiger.
>
> If I only had the time to do it... ;-)

I've got my Tiger ordered through Amazon (with a mail in rebate!) but
probably wont install it for several months and/or until 10.4.1 comes out.

>From what I see though it looks like the toolbar is gone from Finder Windows
(is that true?) and you've GOT to use the sidebar now. I've got a small
screen and windows with sidebars take up too much space. I've always liked
the toolbar which I use in small text only mode. Sigh... looks like not
everything is an advance for me.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>