[OS X TeX] plea for help with TeX bibliographic databases: the humanities, and unicode

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Apr 14 09:15:35 CEST 2005

On 13.04.2005, at 22:26, Roger Hart wrote:

> Dear Simon,
>
> Thanks so very much for your help!  I looked at jurabib very
> carefully, and I'm very impressed with all of the options.
> Unfortunately, after spending some time on it, I can't seem to get it
> to work with unicode, even the European characters. As I mentioned in
> a previous post, I don't think it is a good investment to convert all
> my bibliographic records to legacy LaTeX workaround encoding, such as
> \"a, since it requires extra work, will not be compatible with other
> databases I might use in the future, will create problems in
> constructing regex perl searches and find/replace, etc.

I don't know about CJK, but with European and cyrrlic characters there
shouldn't be a problem if you load the correct encoding; I once did
some (rathe simple) stuff with cyrrilic characters and jurabib didn't
make any problem.

> So, is there some option that I'm missing? I got an error message
> stating I should use "PrerenderUnicode–", but I wasn't sure how to use
> it, and I could find no documentation on the internet, or in any of
> the relevant packages.

This   is actually quite simple: Just ente
/PrerendeUnicode{unicodecharactersyouneed} in your preamble and the
message should disappear. I don't know if this already solves your
problem.
There' also a jurabib group on groups.yahoo.com where you might get help

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97