[OS X TeX] Babel, Greek, and a fouled up Table of Contents

Daryl Basil Biberdorf darylb at pobox.com
Thu Apr 14 03:15:16 CEST 2005

Claus Gerhardt wrote:
> The table of contents can be manipulated from inside the Latex source.
> Below is an example how I modify the table of contents, I could imaging
> that adding the command \selectlanguage will also work.
>
> Claus
>
> \addtocontents{toc}{\protect \bf}
> \chapter{Tensor analysis}
> \addtocontents{toc}{\protect\vspace{\ctsa}}
> \addtocontents{toc}{\protect \rm}

and

> Sorry, I should have read the original post first.  This procedure is not silly but the only logical way to do it.
>
> Claus

Claus,

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but I disagree concerning this problem.
It *is* silly to have to do something before \chapter or \section simply
to get the TOC entry for it in the proper font. If there's no pending
\selectlanguage{polutonikogreek}, it does not seem at all reasonable
that TOC entries show up in anything other than default, which is
english in this case.

I can get rid of the problem by putting a \selectlanguage{english}
before each TOC sectioning command (\chapter or \section in my case),
but I shouldn't have to do that.

Basil
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>