[OS X TeX] [Newbie] Postscript header path for dvips?

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Apr 12 00:40:25 CEST 2005

At 11:18 PM +0200 4/11/05, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>Le 11 avr. 05, à 18:58, Jonas Wellendorf a écrit :
>
>>To use tree-dvips I have to
>>³place tree-dvips.pro in the postscript header path for dvips.²
>>
>>I located the file
>>/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/dvips
>>
>>But how do I place tree-dvips.pro in there?
>
>Inside ~/Library/texmf/dvips/ should be enough
>(create this directory in case it doesn't exist).

Yes, this seems to work.  My previous message
about hard coding the path seems to have arisen
out of a copy of tree-dvips that had an explicit
path included.  This is true of many of the
versions available on individual linguists' web
pages.  So depending on where you got the
package, you might need to check the actual
tree-dvips.sty file itself.

>But in any case, it's likely that the tree-dvips
>package (including the prolog tree-dvips.pro)
>won't work easily: it seems to be quite old
>(1994) and is classified on CTAN as a LaTeX 2.09
>package
><ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex209/contrib/trees/tree-dvips/>,
>hence prone to errors with the now standard
>LaTeX 2e.

Actually it does work perfectly.  I use it all
the time.  BUT, the version on ctan is an older
version than the one that I use, so I would
recommend the newer version. (v. 0.91, 1995) For
some reason I can't find a good link to it on the
web, however, so here is a version on my web
space:

<http://www.msu.edu/~amunn/latex/tree-dvips.zip>

Alan

--