htlatex? (was: Re: [OS X TeX] htlatex, latin modern, etc.)

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 4 06:54:08 CEST 2005

 > So I start typing "htlatex filename" in the terminal (I guess that's
 > what one is supposed to do?).

Yes.

 > Everything goes well, and I get a number
 > of filename extensions (.4ct, .4tc, .aux, .dvi, .log, .tmp, .xref) in
 > my home directory. These appear at the base level of my home
 > directory, however, not in the original one
 > (Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename),

This is the expected behavior.

 > and when text4ht.c kicks in, it
 > says it can't find/open the .dvi file.

If /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/htlatex
contains records of the form

        tex4ht $1 ...
        t4ht $1 ...

modify the two records to be of the form

        tex4ht -f/$1 ...
        t4ht -f/$1 ...

If that is not the case, can you run the following sequence of
commands on a miniature latex file and email me the file `foo'.

     script foo
     cat /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/htlatex
     htlatex filename
     ls -l filename*
     pwd
     exit

 > there are some package
 > combinations that don't work.

Most of these problems can probably be solved quite easily in response
to bug reports.

-eitan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>