htlatex? (was: Re: [OS X TeX] htlatex, latin modern, etc.)

Gerard Walschap gwalschap at cox.net
Mon Apr 4 03:45:59 CEST 2005

Well, it seems that Rene and Joe were at least able to use htlatex at
some point. I, for one, have never been able to do so, and posted a
message on the list to this effect several months ago. Gerben referred
my question to Eitan, who told me he wasn't familiar enough with Mac OS
to troubleshoot what was wrong. I just let it go at the time, but since
there's a new thread regarding htlatex, let me describe what happens on
my setup, in the hope somebody on the list can help:

So I start typing "htlatex filename" in the terminal (I guess that's
what one is supposed to do?). Everything goes well, and I get a number
of filename extensions (.4ct, .4tc, .aux, .dvi, .log, .tmp, .xref) in
my home directory. These appear at the base level of my home directory,
however, not in the original one (Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename), and
when text4ht.c kicks in, it says it can't find/open the .dvi file.
Could those of you who use htlatex please tell me how you go about it?
Many thanks,

-gerard

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>