[OS X TeX] bibdesk's preview

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Sep 29 17:56:26 CEST 2004

Hi Matthew,

On Sep 29, 2004, at 07:25, Matthew Inglis wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem with the preview function on Bibdesk. I'm trying to
> get it to preview correctly with the Harvard style. I've altered the
> TeX template to what I think it should be (attached below), and have
> set the BibTeX style to agsm. The pdf preview works perfectly, but the
> text version repeats the authors name several times. It would be very
> nice to sort this out for those annoying occasions that conference
> organisers force everyone to use their Word template.
>
> Example:
> Gigerenzer  Hug1992Gigerenzer&Hug:1992 Gigerenzer, G.  Hug, K. 1992,
> ‘Domain-specific reasoning: social contracts, cheating, and
> perspective change’, Cognition 43(2), 127–171.
>
> Does anyone know if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong?

BibDesk uses latex2rtf to generate the text preview internally.
Consequently, if latex2rtf doesn't support the harvard style, the RTF
preview won't be generated properly.  The natbib package is supported
in latex2rtf, but I don't know if support is complete enough to use all
.bst files (if you made your own, for instance).  Scott Prahl would
have more insight on this.

--
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>