[OS X TeX] xetex i-installer

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Sep 17 22:21:40 CEST 2004

On 17 Sep 2004, at 8:11 pm, Scott Murman wrote:

>>> trying to get xetex installed through i-installer.  not getting any
>>> response when trying to find the package.  user error or missing
>>> link?
>>
>> open i-Installer, select "New from URL" in the File menu (cmd-N), and
>> paste
>>      http://scripts.sil.org/pub/packages/xetex.ii2
>> in the dialog.
>>
>> Maarten
>
> tried that and still get no response.  finally tried downloading the
> xetex dmg directly,
> but that didn't install correctly either (can't find the fmt files).

I'm mystified as to why i-Installer isn't working for you. I checked
when I saw the initial posting, and again just now, and it seems to be
responding fine. If you run i-Installer and go to the "Known Packages
i-Directory", you should see "Jonathan Kew's i-Directory" in the
left-hand list. Double-click it (or select and click Use), and you
should get the list of packages available there (just one, at present).

On the other hand, if you were able to download the Apple Installer
package (on the .dmg), and that installer failed, then the i-Package
might well also fail at the configuration stage. To try and identify
the problem, you can ask the Installer to "Show Log" (see the File
menu), select "Show Everything" from the popup, and see the progress of
the installation attempt. If it's failing to build the .xfmt files,
there will be error messages of some kind there.

HTH,

Jonathan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>