[OS X TeX] Next generation TeX

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Sep 6 12:50:15 CEST 2004

Coming back from TUG 2004, may I forward you some important question.

It has no doubt that TeX has already reached some of its limits, it
also appeared that omega is far from being achieved in a next future.
The question seems to be: what can be the future of TeX?

I propose to collect the desiderata of people really using TeX,
whatever user level they are, about what they are missing in actual
TeX.

For example, a TeX guru was missing a real dedicated programming
language with better access to data structure, someone else was missing
metapost like features and funny typesetting (typesetting text along
curves and not only lines...)

Please, share your ideas.

NB: made a copy to macTeX, for people out of macosx-tex who may want to
participate.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>