[OS X TeX] Installing XeTeX

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 6 09:56:58 CEST 2004

On 6 sep 2004, at 9:47, Mika Luoma-aho wrote:

> I am wet behind the ears and running Panther on my G4. What I have now
> is Gerben Wierda's teTeX installed and using TexShop just fine, but I
> would be very interested in installing XeTeX, with Mac fonts and all.
>
> Can I just install XeTeX `on top' of teTeX, or do I have to do
> something first? Or after?

Use i-Installer installed teTeX as a basis, and use it as a basis.

In i-Installer choose "New from URL…" in the file menu, and paste in
the following URL:
     http://scripts.sil.org/pub/packages/xetex.ii2

This should install and configure the latest release (and make it easy
to update the software to the latest release, as XeTeX is a work in
progress).

Mor information, including sample files can be found here:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex

HTMH

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>