[OS X TeX] The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX2e -- MIA!

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 2 17:25:05 CEST 2004

On 9/2/04 7:34 AM, "Bob Kerstetter" <bkerstetter at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi  David,
> On Sep 2, 2004, at 12:15 AM, david craig wrote:
>

>> The link to "The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX2e" from
>> <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop> leads to a 404....
>>

> Here is another link:
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf

Howdy,

And yet another...

If you're using Gerben Wierda's i-installer TeX (gwTeX) and you've ``told''
it to download the documentation you should have a copy of lshort.dvi in the
symbolic link /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/general/.

The directory containing the .dvi file is ``write protected.'' To compile it
you should copy it to your desktop and drop/open that copy on TeXShop. That
will produce a .pdf file on the desktop which you can peruse at your
pleasure.

If you drop/open the original .dvi file on TeXShop 1.35b it will, correctly,
create the .pdf file in ``temporary'' and it will be displayed in TeXShop. I
haven't been able to find it (looked in /tmp/ and the TeXShop_Output folder
found there too) so you won't have a copy to play with at your leisure.
Maybe a future version of TeXShop will have the creation directory
configurable; for that kind of thing I'd like to just have it placed on my
Desktop.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>