[OS X TeX] Problem for EPS -> PDF conversion with TeXShop 1.35

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Sep 2 12:52:24 CEST 2004

Whenever a shell script is envoked to act on a file it has to be fed
either the full path of the file or the working directory has to be
changed to file's directory and then the file name has to be given as
an input. If all names would comply with the unix convention then this
would be rather straight forward. However, the ability of OS X to use
non-unix file and directory names makes the name feed to shell scripts
a non-trivial problem.

One of the tasks of the applescripts is to provide this name feed. To
feed non-unix names to shell scripts I used special quotes for the
names and created a variable fileNamequoted, cf., e.g., the script
pdflatexc. As far as I know Dick then used this method too for TeXShop
internal scripts like the behaviour Bruno described. If this is now
broken in 1.35 then the name feeding for TeXShop internal scripts must
have been changed for reasons I don't know. I am sure Dick can rectify
this; in the meantime I recommend to use my droplet epstopdf.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>