[OS X TeX] Find panel in TeXShop 1.35

Josep M.Font pepf54 at tiscali.es
Wed Sep 1 20:22:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've just updated to TeXShop 1.35b. Congratulations and thanks to all
who contributed to it! Some of the new features are great, and now I
want only to highlight the new "Find..." panel by Isao Sonobe. I had
been waiting for an upgrade to the Find... possibilities and now, here
they are. Great!

However ... not everything is working for me: Although I did not an
extensive testing, I noticed two features that seem not to work for me
(Panther 10.3.4): I couldn't get it to find "complete words", it always
finds also parts of words, whether the option is checked or not. By the
way, this was one of the features I most missed! Also, but less
importantly, it does not "erase the history" completely (the search and
the replace terms are erased, but the list of found occurences in the
down panel remain).

I hope in future releases more extensive help will be available for all
the buttons and options; some of the pop-up little comments are not
very clarifying to the novice.

Anyway, let me repeat: this is a great addition!

Best,

JMaF

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>