[OS X TeX] A go at TL 2004

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Oct 29 11:36:13 CEST 2004

Something else I had forgotten to report, related to reinstalling
TL2004 from scratch: it seems updmap is run several times in sequence,
which takes a couple of minutes. Moreover, after installing everything
and putting back my local additions in texmf.local, I run the Configure
stage again and selected only the "Set ownership" step, to make sure
everything is owned by root/admin: in spite of this, updmap was again
run several times at this stage. I'm confused whether it's normal or
not.

A possible explanation is that I have added several maps to those
checked by default: lucidabr.map, lumath.map, mt-yy.map, wolfram.map,
lm.map, and also the locally added zpeu.map (for Adobe Euro fonts),
plus all the map files related with CM-Super which I have also
installed. Does this mean updmap is run once for each .map file not
belonging to the default setup?

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>