[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package released

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 26 19:05:29 CEST 2004

On 10/26/04 11:37 AM, "Piet van Oostrum" <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> Secondly The latin modern fonts didn't work (this was reported here
> earlier). I run the updmap commands separately that gerben advised but it
> didn't solve the problem. It appears that running updmap generates
> psfonts.map pdftex*.map dvipdfm*.map and ps2pk.map in
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/.../updmap/ but I had otehr
> ones in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/config/ and
> these had timestamps of my first attempt to install. So I removed these and
> now they appear to work. However I still have problems with TeXniscope
> showing DVI files with lmodern.

The maps in .../dvips/config were my problem with Latin Modern too. Once I
got rid of that directory it all worked. However, I just checked a .pdf file
generated via pdflatex, and both a .dvi file and a .pdf file generated via
altpdflatex all using Latin Modern with TeXniscope and they all show up just
fine.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>