[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package, better XeTeX support

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 25 22:21:45 CEST 2004

On 10/25/04 2:51 PM, "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> A new TeX i-Package update has
> UTF-8 url.sty in a place only XeTeX finds
> Mac Roman url.sty for the rest
>
> $ kpsewhich -progname=xelatex url.sty
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/xetex/latex/url/url.sty
> $ kpsewhich -progname=latex url.sty
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/url/url.sty
>
> This works if you have a clean system, especially if you have not set
> TEXINPUTS.xetex or TEXINPUTS.xelatex in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
> (just remove them), the basic install will cover everything.

Can I add... For XeTeX users...

You should copy the ``special'' graphics.sty and color.sty files that have
the xetex option defined from /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/xetex/
(I think that is were the xetex i-package puts them) into
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/xetex/latex/ or
~/Library/texmf/xetex/latex/. Remember to run "sudo mktexlsr" if you do
things in texmf.local, as Gerben said in his message.

I've also put utf8accents.sty, fontenc.sty, etc., in
~/Library/texmf/xetex/latex/ and they are found by xelatex.

I'm really impressed with how relatively smoothly all of this has gone. And
it would have gone even smoother if I hadn't tried to anticipate what was
going to happen!!! The only place where the anticipation worked was putting
the zpeur.map file (for the Adobe Euro Font) in
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/eurofont/ so it was found at the initial
updmap during the TeX i-package configuration stage.

Gerben you've thought about (almost?) everything!!!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>