[OS X TeX] Latin Modern both in texmf.local and texmf.tetex !?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Oct 24 17:58:59 CEST 2004

On 24 Oct 2004, at 17:47, Franck Pastor wrote:

> Le 24-oct.-04, à 14:35, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> On 24 Oct 2004, at 10:33, Franck Pastor wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have installed the brand-new TeX i-Package, after having erased
>>> the old installation (don't be afraid, the old one is still on my
>>> another computer). I chose the "Expert Installation", option "TeX
>>> Live 2004", and everything works fine, even with my own fonts
>>> installation. I noticed something strange, however : a complete
>>> Latin Modern fonts installation appeared both in texmf.local and
>>> texmf.tetex ! Is it a bug, or what does it mean ?
>>
>> This should not be the case. If you install TL2004, the old Latin
>> Modern in texmf.local should be removed. I'll look into it.
>
> It is not exactly a matter of removing the old Latin Modern fonts in
> texmf.local. In fact, I had previously removed all the texmf.local
> tree before I installed the new TeX package. Precisely, in fact, I
> deleted all in /usr/local/teTeX.
>
> So I deduce that the installer installed  a new Latin Modern bunch,
> both in texmf.local and texmf.tetex.

The initial beta of last week (10 days ago) indeed did that if you
selected Latin Modern. The last incarnations will not offer Latin
Modern as a separate install in texmf.local if you have selected
TL2004. And if you install a TL2004-based system, the existing Latin
Modern in texmf.local will be removed,

If you are able to produce a situation with Latin Modern both in
texmf.tetex and texmf.local I would like to know how you did it.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>