[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package released

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Oct 23 09:38:53 CEST 2004

On 23 Oct 2004, at 01:09, Maarten Sneep wrote:

>> - The TL2004 based install will automatically convert your
>> texmf.local tree to a new layout which btw will also work with the
>> TL2003 setup.
>
> Question: can you go back if you find a problem?

Let's be clearer (I am using Hans Hagen's textool for the conversion
and he may still implement a conversion the other way around): There is
no automatic back conversion to the old texmf.local tree, but the
converted tree will still work with the TL2003 setup.

I consider the conversion to be pretty safe. Of course, a backup of
/usr/local/teTeX, if you are just before a deadline and you still want
to try it out, is a good idea. But your Ph.D. book is done, so I guess
you can take the step easily enough ;-)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>