[OS X TeX] non-english hyphenation in PlainTeX

Gianluca Gorni gorni at dimi.uniud.it
Thu Oct 21 17:36:23 CEST 2004

Hello!

I have tried to migrate some old Textures PlainTeX documents
to TeXShop &co., and I have run into a couple of prolems.

First: some page breaks have come out different, in pages with
external graphics included. May it be that somehow the conversion
of pictures from eps to pdf (through Panther's distiller) has changed
the bounding boxes?
Or the old BoxedEPSF works differently from graphicx regarding
boxing pictures?

More important: I have not been able to activate the Italian
hyphenation. When I iInstalled gwTeX, I configured for Italian,
and in fact Italian *LaTeX* is fine. Perhaps PlainTeX was not
configured? Or was it? What shall I do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gianluca Gorni

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>