[OS X TeX] pdflatex in AplleScript

Sergei Mariev serguei.mariev at campus.lmu.de
Wed Oct 20 15:17:22 CEST 2004

Hi

I am trying to invoke pdflatex from within the AplleScript.

This is what I do:

do shell script
"/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
-interaction=nonstopmode ~/Documents/diss/frg_typeset.tex "

This works fine as long as the pdflatex does not return any errors.

I know that my .tex file has a small problem, that is why I invoke
pdflatex with -interaction=nonstopmode option.

However, the Apple Script still returns an Error message and the
script does not finish successfully, i.e. the pdf file is not
generated.

To compare, if I invoke pdflatex  from within a perl script
print qx(pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode ~/Documents/diss/frg_typeset.tex);

it works just the way I want it, i.e. the document is typeset
correctly and the error message which is produced by pdftex does not
prevent the document from being typeset and .pdf file generated

what can I do to make AppleScript typeset the file and ignore the
error message from pdflatex?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>