[OS X TeX] TextMate text editor

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 19 04:24:35 CEST 2004

It does have BBEdit style LaTeX syntaxing available now, plus some
TeXShop integration. See:

http://wiki.macromates.com/textmate/show/HomePage

However, it still has two fatal flaws as far as I'm concerned: it
crashes if you attempt to use proportional type, and it doesn't seem to
have any means of navigating a LaTeX document as in the TeXShop tag
menu or BBEdit's toolbar Marker pull down. They are promising an update
within a few weeks, but I would be very surprised if any of these
issued are addressed.

(I set up the Marker pull down menu in BBEdit using the "Find and Mark
All ..." option and setting Search For to "(\%:)([: a-zA-z0-9]*)" and
Mark With to "\2", and then choosing "Find & Mark" with the Clear
Existing Markers checked. It has to be updated when you add new items,
but it essentially duplicates the TeXShop tag menu by displaying the
TeXShop style tags, and executing the update takes about one second.)

Richard Séguin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>