[OS X TeX] Re: Context problem

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Oct 15 14:51:28 CEST 2004

On 15 Oct 2004, at 1:05 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> Hi Jonathan, and Bruno
>
> On 15/10/2004, at 8:13 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> On 15 Oct 2004, at 10:50 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>> PS: Some technical details. With TL 2004, during creation of
>>> pdfLaTeX you'll get:

>>> On the other hand during creation of XeLaTeX you'll get:

>> There's the problem: searching for hyphen.cfg, xetex is finding the
>> file in tex/cslatex in preference to the one in tex/generic/babel.
>
> OK, maybe this is a symptom of a feature that I call the "matrix
> transpose" problem.

Maybe; or maybe it's simply because the order of kpathsearch
subdirectory searching at any given level is unspecified (according to
the docs I've seen); or maybe the algorithms used in kpathsearch have
changed in TeXLive 2004?

In any case, it can probably be fixed by providing appropriate
TEXINPUTS.xetex and TEXINPUTS.xelatex entries (look at the
pdftex/pdflatex entries for inspiration) in texmf.cnf. In the absence
of program-specific entries, it will be using a default TEXINPUTS that
apparently allows the cslatex stuff to be found ahead of generic/babel,
but more specific paths should correct this.

Perhaps that's enough of a clue for someone with TL2004 installed to
get things working?

JK

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>