[OS X TeX] Re: Context problem

Ross Moore ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Fri Oct 15 11:35:13 CEST 2004

Hi Jonathan, and Gerben,

On 15/10/2004, at 7:26 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2004, at 9:28 am, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> TL 2004 does not use the  .efmt etc extensions anymore. Every
>> extension is .fmt and most engines are just links to pdfetex which
>> changes its mode depending on how it is called.
>>
>> Format creation therefore mixing old and new are problematic. This is
>> true with XeTeX as well.
>>

> I'm aware of this change; currently, the XeTeX 0.88 installer attempts
> to patch fmtutil so that it will know about the .xfmt extension (can
> anyone confirm whether this works?). The correct fix is probably to
> change xetex to use .fmt as well. (I haven't had time to try the TL
> 2004 setup myself yet; "real work" calls!)

Why don't you just continue to create it as  xetex.xfmt
and also include a symbolic link:  ln -s xetex.xfmt  xetex.fmt
and similarly for  xelatex.xfmt .

That way you shouldn't need to make assumptions about whether
it is a  TeXLive 2003, TeXLive 2004, or other teTeX installation.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>