[OS X TeX] how to handle window-mania?

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 15 00:02:52 CEST 2004

> BTW, does anyone have a TeXShop script to open included file?  (e.g.,
> hilight the name of a file in an \input or \include statement, run the
> script, and the document in question is opened?)  I've gotten used to
> it from programming editors...

below is an Applescript for BBEdit with this functionality. It is
assumed that my BBEdit subroutine scripts are installed in

Furthermore, the included file is assumed to be in the same directory
as the source file and is referred to simply by its basename.

-- Applescript
-- Apply only to an already saved file.
-- Claus Gerhardt, Oct. 2004

(* The subroutine setnamebbedit returns baseName, texName, pdfName,
namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted, and saves the document of window

tell application "BBEdit"
	get file of window 1
	set filepath to result
	set fileName to POSIX path of filepath as string
	set scriptPath to (do shell script "dirname " &
	set scriptPath to scriptPath & "/setnamebbedit.scpt"
	set scriptName to POSIX file scriptPath as alias
	set scriptLiB to (load script scriptName)
	tell scriptLiB
		set {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted}
to setnamebbedit(fileName)
	end tell
	set findName to selection as string
	set fileName to findName & ".tex" as string
	set shellScript to "cd " & dirName & ";"
	set shellScript to shellScript & "bbedit   " & fileName
	do shell script shellScript
end tell