[OS X TeX] textcomp and prosper

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 14 16:09:00 CEST 2004

On 10/14/04 5:55 AM, "Stephan Hochhaus" <stephan at yauh.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am trying to use the textcomp package to produce the Euro sign in a
> prosper presentation. Unfortunately I get an error saying:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/dvips: Warning:
> missing glyph `euro'
>
> Could this be related to an error in fontmapping or what could produce
> this problem?
> Using the package eurosym and the macro \euro I get a perfectly alright
> Euro sign.
>
> Stephan
>
> PS: The typesetting routine is TeX and ghostscript, document head looks
> like this:
> \documentclass[pdf,colorBG,slideColor,noaccumulate,corners]{prosper}
> \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
> \usepackage{graphicx,textcomp}
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \DefaultTransition{Box}
> \begin{document}
> \overlays{2}{
> \begin{slide}{Hilfe!}
> \begin{itemize}
> \fromSlide{2}{\item Deutschsprachige FAQ unter
> \texttt{http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/}}
> \item Tips \& Tricks: \texttt{http://www.texnik.de/}
> \item Unterlagen der Fernuni Hagen:
> \texttt{http://www.fernuni-hagen.de/URZ/urzbib/\\
> ls\_broschueren.html}
> \item Newsgroup: \texttt{news://de.comp.text.tex}
> \item Referenz: \\
> Karsten Günther(2002): \emph{\LaTeX{} ge-packt}. Bonn: mitp-Verlag.
> Neupreis: \texteuro 14,95 %here's the bugger
> \end{itemize}
> \end{slide}}
> \end{document}

Howdy,

I believe you'll need to be using the CMSuper or Latin Modern Fonts sincee
the euro glyph is not part of Computer Modern. If you have CMSuper just add
the line

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

and to use Latin Modern add the additional line (i.e., both lines should be
there)

\usepackage{lmodern}

The fourier package also has the euro symbol. To use that, if available on
your system, you need only the line

\usepackage{fourier}

since the fontencoding is embedded in the package.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>