[OS X TeX] From Textures to XeTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Oct 14 14:47:24 CEST 2004

Le 14 oct. 04, à 14:07, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 14 Oct 2004, at 1:05 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> It's also no longer necessary to convert special TeX ligatures to
>> their UTF-8 equivalents, like --, --- to – and —, the latest version
>> of XeTeX (0.88) does this automagically (no special package
>> required).
>
> ....provided that you specify "mapping=tex-text" as an option when

I had missed that step and had not had time to try.

Thanks to this feature and to utf8accents.sty, it's possible to write
documents fully compatible with standard TeX (apart from font switches)
so that, in case of last-minute problems at 23:55 on the day before a
deadline (shit does happen!), one can still revert to standard TeX as a
backup.

Thanks to you and Ross,

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>