[OS X TeX] pdftex 1.20a

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Oct 13 11:23:18 CEST 2004

Dear all,

Just a follow-up: I upgraded to the experimental version, and most
things work. However, there is a problem with pdftex + mapfiles: pdftex
now expects mapfiles in a different location than before; my own maps
wouldn't work anymore so I couldn't use the fonts I installed myself.
Hans Hagen posted something on the ConTeXt mailing list that I forward
here:

On Oct 11, 2004, at 10:03 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> you need to change the texmf.cnf file accordingly
>
> TEXPSHEADERS  =
> .;$TEXMF/{fonts/{enc,map,type1,truetype},dvips,pdftex,tex}//;$TEXMF/
> {etex,tex,pdftex,dvips,fonts/type1}//
> TEXFONTMAPS   =
> .;$TEXMF/{fonts/map//,fontname};$TEXMF/{pdftex,dvips}/config;$TEXMF/
> {pdftex,dvips}//
>
> TEXCONFIG         =
> .;$TEXMF/{fonts/map,dvips,pdftex,dvipdfmx,dvipdfm}//
> PDFTEXCONFIG      = .;$TEXMF/pdftex/{$progname,}//
> DVIPDFMINPUTS     =
> .;$TEXMF/{fonts/map,dvips,pdftex,dvipdfmx,dvipdfm}//

I did this, regenerated the maps with sudo updmap, and now everything
seems to be working. Hope this might help somebody.

All best

Thomas

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>