[OS X TeX] pdftex 1.20a

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Tue Oct 12 18:41:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,

there has been quite a lot of traffic lately on the ConTeXt mailing
list regarding pdftex 1.20a. The latest ConTeXt release nags to upgrade
to this version, so many people tried upgrading "by hand" and have run
into numerous problems (esp. regarding map files for fonts, which the
new pdftex expects in a different location than the old one). I'm not
trying to be a nag myself, but would just want to know (and I guess
this is primarily directed towards Gerben, sorry for taking your time):
is there hope that pdftex 1.20a will be part of a regular upgrade of
tetex soon? When can we expect a new release? I'm just trying to figure
out if it's worth going through the trouble of upgrading; it wouldn't
if I found out that a new i-Installer package is out two weeks later.

All best

Thomas

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>