[OS X TeX] From LaTeX to XeTeX (was: Verdana font package?)

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Mon Oct 11 19:02:07 CEST 2004

All,

I'll be updating this in a few days. Per Will's suggestions, I have
gone back and tried to fit the fonts into the Berry scheme or stick
with it as much as possible. I have defined a few new shape options to
allow access to features in certain fonts. I have also tried to set up
styles which match a serif, sans serif, and fixed width font that seem
to work well together. I think the best of these is either the Minion
Pro style or the Warnock Pro style. The Garamond version shipped with
Adobe Type Classics is not as feature rich as the version one can buy
as a stand alone, but considering that one gets 400+ fonts for $99,
what is there to complain about. Keep your eyes open for an update
announcement.

My guess is that in the future this work will be rolled into Will's
project and posted on CTAN.

On Oct 11, 2004, at 12:10 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Hi again Jan,
>
> Regarding Adobe Garamond Pro: thanks to a post a couple of minutes ago
> to the XeTeX list, I've just been able to remember the place where an
> archive had been posted by Jon Breitenbucher earlier this year,
> containing .fd and .sty files allowing the use of Adobe Classics
> fonts, including Garamond, in XeLaTeX. It's
> <http://jbreitenbuch.wooster.edu/~jonb/AdobeTypeClassicsplus.zip>.
>
> Bruno

> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

______________________________________