[OS X TeX] From LaTeX to XeTeX (was: Verdana font package?)

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Mon Oct 11 17:07:46 CEST 2004

Hi John,

Jonathan Kew wrote on 11.10.2004:

>On 11 Oct 2004, at 2:47 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>>Le 11 oct. 04, à 15:32, Jan Eden a écrit :
>>>pstricks graphs should appear after a XeTeX typesetting
>>
>>I don't think that will work. XeTeX does not use the PostScript
>>language: it creates an .xdv file (extended .dvi), then launches
>>behind the scene its own converter xdv2pdf producing .pdf output
>>directly.
>
>What's pstricks used for? How does it work? If it is a question of
>including "standalone" PostScript/EPS figures, it might be possible
>to use the Apple PS->PDF filter behind the scenes to turn them into
>something xetex can use. But if it's a question of PS fragments that
>interact with the PS being generated by dvips, then that can't work.

As Bruno said: pstricks uses PostScript heavily and relies on dvips in doing so. Ok. I got used to pstricks, but times change.

Thanks to everyone for answering my first XeTeX questions. I am hooked now and will explore the world of fonts in XeTeX.

- Jan
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>