[OS X TeX] preview-latex and lastpage conflict

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 20:52:35 CEST 2004

I entered

    $a^{2} + b^{2} = c^{2}$

as sent, that is with \usepackage{lastpage} already commented out, into
a new page and Typeset LaTeX. The  console did not complain and the
formula appeared as it should

Then I uncommented \usepackage{lastpage} with no change whatsoever.

I am running 1.34e with the OLD pdf.sync as the new pdf.sync still won't
agree with me.

I don't know what lastpage is and even less whether I have it but it
must be somewhere, part of a package I do have as otherwise, I suppose,
the console would have objected.