[OS X TeX] Page scrolling in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Oct 7 09:30:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

Is anybody on this list aware of a command (keyboard shortcut?)
allowing, when using Multi-Page display  format for the Preview window,
to scroll down or up by one page, or by the height of a window,
*without* altering the lateral centering of the page inside the window?

This is really bugging me at the moment: I usually set the
magnification and dimension of the Preview window such that only the
body of the page occupies the width of the window, the margins being
hidden. In Single Page display format, everything's OK, the left or
right arrows scroll up or down by one page without perturbing the
lateral centering of the page inside the window, and similarly moving
to a given page (specified by its number) does not perturb the
centering either. However, in Multi-Page format, the same commands move
up or down as expected, *but* reset arbitrarily the left border of the
page to the left border of the window. As a result, in my particular
case, every time I move up or down without using the up or down arrows,
I have afterwards to re-position the page content laterally, such that
the left margin is hidden and the whole width of the text shown.

I've been looking for hidden page scrolling shortcuts, with no luck.

Still wondering whether this is a bug, or a design flaw.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>