[OS X TeX] Trump Med. & dvips

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Oct 6 12:31:53 CEST 2004

Ingo Reich schrieb:

> are you sure this is really necessary? I didn't have to do this when I
> installed the lucida fonts or the mathtime fonts and they work fine
> (although the respective afm- and pfb-files are not present in the
> folder you mentioned).

When you want to use Ghostscript as a standalone application or in
conjunction with xdvi/xdvik, gsview, gv ... gs *has* to find the fonts
contained in the PS source to render. Therefore it's at least needed to
mention all of them in Fontmap.GS. Since gs has a built-in search path
for the fonts (and there is/was an environment variable pointing to the
directories containing them) one can be lucky and it finds all fonts in
"standard places" without having to put them or their proxies into the
gs fonts directory.

This is Ghostscript. dvips is a different case that's handled via map
files and texhash/updmap. Since altpdflatex uses inherently gs gs has to
know these facts!

--
Greetings

  Pete