[OS X TeX] Macdvix and Ghostview query

Jesse Billett jdb43 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 16:09:20 CEST 2004

I have been trying out macdvix and ghostview as an alternative to
TeXShop (i.e. to be used with Vim from the command prompt), and I have
noticed something that seems quite strange to me.

Using Macdvix's "view as ps" option, which produces a postscript file
viewed by Ghostview, I get a document much larger than I get with "view
as pdf" which opens the Preview app.  The pdf version much smaller than
I expect it to be, while the ps looks possibly a bit bigger than I
thought.  Have I missed some setting?  Presumably it's not to do with
Macdvix, because I get the same results running dvips and pdflatex from
the terminal.

Thanks,

Jesse Billett

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>