font management simplified (was Re: [OS X TeX] Trump Mediaeval fonts_

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at
Sat Oct 2 09:51:31 CEST 2004

On 2 Oct 2004, at 2:55 am, Dalyoung wrote:

> I tested font declaration for the Hoefler Text in XeLaTeX and got some
> errors at
>  \section, \subsection, {\bf ...}, {\sl ...}.

Hello Dalyoung,

It looks like you're running into a known XeLaTeX "ssub" font
substitution problem that has been discussed on the XeTeX mailing list
in the past; it should be solved if you update your XeTeX to release
0.87, which included a fix for this issue.