[OS X TeX] bash: rtf2latex2e: command not found ??

Steffen Wolfrum macosx-tex at st.estfiles.de
Tue Nov 30 00:30:03 CET 2004

Salut Bruno,

Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> Le 29 nov. 04, à 15:39, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :
>
> > The Terminal says
> >
> > $PATH
> > -bash:
> > /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
> > darwin-current: No such file or directory
> >
> > Up to now I didn't change anything (have a fresh 10.3.6 installation
> > and upon that some current i-packages, that's it).
> > I am very carefully, for Gerben always stresses that he does NOT
> > recomment to use the terminal at all i.e. change path settings when
> > working with i-installer.
> >
> > So, what can be done?
>
> In i-Installer, with the TeX i-Package, you may try running the
> Configure stage (possibly selecting Expert mode, I'm not sure) and
> select the CLI Activation stage. This will add in /etc/csh.login and
> /etc/profile lines, that will add /usr/local/bin to you path. Then, in
> Terminal you will get:
>
> $ echo $PATH
> /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
> powerpc-apple-darwin-current

No. I did what you recommended  above, but /usr/local/bin was not added to PATH.
So I added it by hand (":/usr/local/bin") to PATH in /etc/csh.login and /etc/profile.
Now it works.

As I had no idea about PATH (i.e. where to find it) your tip was very helpful.

On this list we had quite often the case that something had to be add to PATH:
does it always mean that the value of PATH has to be changed both in /etc/csh.login and /etc/profile ?
Or it it just by chance now in this specific case?

Steffen
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>