[OS X TeX] Diagram generating app?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 29 20:18:07 CET 2004

On 29 nov 2004, at 15:51, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> What alternatives exists to generate diagrams from numerical data?
>
> Excel (and Office) isn't really an alternative (too many problems),
> Keynote
> is able to do some stuff, but does anything else exist?

Wait, diagram: you mean graphical representations of numerical data? On
the first
read I thought you meant things like org charts.

Applications that come to mind:
     Igor Pro
     GnuPlot
     MetaPost

I use metapost most of the time, because of its truly neat integration
with TeX.
I find GnuPlot confusing, Igor rather expensive (although worth the
money) and R
has a learning curve that is said to be steep (even by LaTeX
standards). The other
- even more expensive solution - is Mathematica, but only if you have
serious
other uses for it.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>